The Washington SBDC and Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) invite you to attend a webinar about the new overtime rules that have gone into effect as of July 1. The changes update the exemptions for executive, administrative, and professional workers, as well as outside salespeople and computer professionals.
In this webinar, you will learn about the updates, including changes to the job duties tests for each exemption category and the minimum salary threshold an exempt employee must earn to qualify for exemption from the protections of the state Minimum Wage Act.
- Overview of Employment Standards wage laws
- Brief history of the rules and why they are being updated
- Key terms to know
- Exemption types
- Salary threshold requirements
- Employer size calculations
- Compliance options for employers
- Effect of the rule now and in the future
- Helpful resources and contact information
The presenter will be Keith Davis, Washington SBDC, Associate Business Advisor