Hiring candidates that work well under extreme amounts of pressure, have quickly learned many skills in a short amount of time, and possess strong leadership skills can strengthen any company and help meet business demands. That’s just what military veteran candidates offer. However, hiring managers who have not served may not understand the transferable skills veterans bring to their industry.
Every service member who spends time in the military will eventually move into corporate America and make the transition. How you approach veterans can go a long way towards helping in their transition and also allowing managers to hire some extremely talented individuals onto their teams.
Join us for the next event in our Workplace Spotlight webcast series and get insights on how HR professionals can help newly transitioned military veterans. Building business resource groups, providing a clear career path and developing a mentorship can help turn your new hire into a valuable, long-term employee and/or leader in your organization.
During this webcast, you will learn about:
- Understanding Military Profession / Military Culture
- 10 Things to Know About Those Who Have Served
- Transitioning to Corporate America – Veteran Experiences and Perspectives
- Interviewing Veterans – How can you better identify the skills a Veteran possesses which can help your team accomplish its goals?
- So you hired a recently transitioned Veteran – now what? As a first line leader, how can you maximize Veteran engagement and provide assistance in transition?
ADP remains at the forefront of helping employers understand the complex compliance, financial, and strategic issues surrounding workforce management. Tap into our expertise to ensure you’re in the best shape possible for future workplace changes that may come about along the way.
Approved for 1 HRCI credit, 1 SHRM credit, and 1 CPE credit hour.REGISTER HERE